Monday, October 25, 2010

Meeting our boy Wednesday

We are standing outside the gate just waiting to go in. My stomach is in absolute knots. within a couple of minutes they are ready and we walk in. The children are eating lunch when we walk in. Ben notices him right away in the corner as I am still looking to find him. I follow Ben as he leads me over. There he is. My heart sinks with nervousness praying that he doesn't cry when he sees us. Ben bends down to say hi and he gives him a high five. I reach out my hand for a high five and he gives me one. i just burst out with joy and laughter and realize that his personality is perfect for our family. This little boy was matched perfectly for us. We get to spend about 3 hours today at the orphanage. The kids are really amazing. They are so kind, polite, joyful and full of energy. Our boy is opening a little to Ben but just watches me from a distance. We just take it slow not wanting to rush him. So I will take the little glances from him. We brought a bag of suckers so all the kids loved them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment