Monday, October 25, 2010

Thursday Court pre day for us Court day for 3 families

Today we will take the 3 other families to court. They all passed today. Yea!!! Thank you Lord. These families have been on a long journey and what a great thing to have great news before you leave. We were able to go to the orphanage while they were at court today. Today our little one let me pick him up. I walked with him outside in the courtyard looking at all the trees and flowers. I just look at him and have this overflowing fountain of love pouring out of me. I am so thankful that God picked this one out for us. He is so wonderful. Today he was also a little sick. Thankfully the next day he was back to himself. After the orphanage, we went to Bethany to meet with our social worker and get a briefing about court tomorrow. The Bethany staff in Ethiopia are so awesome. I cannot say enough great things about them. They really work hard for us adoptive families. Today was a long and busy day. shortly after we leave Abel got a call from Sisay stating that there is something wrong with one of our forms. Sisay tells us we will go to the MOWA in the morning and try to work it out. I just break down in tears. We have come all this way and now we are going to be delayed. I felt so defeated. I was up in my room crying and Birtukan comes up and asks me what is wrong she then begins to pray in Amharic for me. she has her arms wrapped around me as I am laying my head on her shoulder just weeping and she is praying. She prayed so intensely. I am not sure what she prayed but after 5 minutes I felt and overwhelming sense of peace. It was going to be ok. God is charge.
Tonight we didn't get much sleep.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am regretting not wearing waterproof mascara to work today. Thank you so much for sharing. I cannot wait for 6 weeks to quickly pass by so I can be in your shoes.

mom of 5 said...

I love these updates Jen! You have done a great job with your blog. I look foward to reading more and seeing more pics. You have such a beautiful family and cannot wait to finally see all 5 of you together!!!

Sheri

Post a Comment