Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Have to redo letter again

Yesterday brought some pretty bad news. The clearance letter that I rushed to get to Ethiopia didn't have the U.S. seal on it so they didn't accept it. I am completely crushed. This error was only supposed to put us back 1 week and instead I am not sure how long it will be. In my mind I just don't understand why we can't get a break in this process. Each step of the way has had an obstacle. To make matters worse I contacted the travel agent to check on availability to fly out for the Dec 23 embassy and they have limited availability and the cost keeps rising. Right now it is over $2000 a ticket. I feel like stuff just keeps piling on. I don't want to keep going back to this is such a silly error and I can't believe that it is going to delay us 2 months but the more that we get pushed back the more it drives me bonkers. So I don't know what is next. I have no idea when our letter will get there. I have no idea when we go to court again. I have no idea when we will even pass court or better yet have no idea when we will go back. All I know is my heart aches that we can't just jump on a plane and go get our little boy. My heart hurts that no one else is connected to this boy in this process like we are.. Why would people rush our case along? They have no emotional ties to our little boy. They have no connection. My only prayer is that they can look at it with new eyes. Maybe look at it as just delivering your baby and before they let you hold your baby they say to you we have to have the birth certificate ready before you can hold your baby but it takes a week to get this birth certificate. During this time you just ache to hold your baby. The staff tries to assure it is only a week, you have the rest of your life to hold your baby, but inside you have been waiting for this day for 9 months, 1 more hour seems like a lifetime. That is how I feel inside. I have an ache in my chest that just won't go away. I pray that this will all be taken care off soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment